Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Empire adventure begins

For my 2013 project, I have decided to start and finish a collection of Warhammer fantasy "The Empire" miniatures. Ultimately there will be some semblance of an army but it will really be a collection.

I will be buying the collection in one hit mid february and over the next 12 months assembling, painting and displaying the collection. I will be chronicling the adventure on this blog with weekly updates on the progress as I go.

Ive been collecting and painting games workshop miniatures since 1994 when I started with an Ork and Gretchin collection from the Warhammer 40K starter box that a mate gave me. since then ive collected Imperial Guard, Eldar, Orks, Necromunda, Space Marines. I stopped collecting in 2002 when I joined the air force and got married. 2 years ago I left the air force and separated from my wife so I started collecting and painting to keep my mind busy.

This time around I decided to collect only Warhammer fantasy, in that 2 years ive amassed a collection of Orcs and Goblins, Skaven, Ogre Kingdoms and High Elves. All of which are in various levels of painting and assembly. My habit of buying and starting but never finishing a project this last 2 years has started to get to me so this year I have decided that the only thing I will be working on will be the empire collection.

I have started the planning process this week and started pricing everything so stay tuned and i will post next week with the collection plans.

Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment