Wednesday, January 9, 2013

First stage of planning

I ordered the Warhammer Fantasy "The Empire" Army book this morning. So when it turns up I can start planning out the army collection.

So far the plan is to have Karl Franz on Deathclaw as the champion, a couple of wizards, various artillery type pieces and an overwhelming mass of troops. I like the idea of the empire in that I can model and paint the army with a regimental theme in mind. I am going to have at least 1 unit of each type within the empire range, archers, pistoliers, crossbowmen, swordsmen and all the different knights. As this "army" is really a display collection instead of a gaming collection I dont need to stick to any sort of strategic plan with how i am going to play with the army so I have a bit of flexibility with what I will collect.

I also ordered the first miniatures for the army, with "The Empire Battle Wizards". Im thinking I might grab 2 of these as there is 4 options for assembly of the wizards but only enough major component to build 2. so if I want the full range of wizards from the different schools of magic ill need 2 boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment