Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Order planning

Today I am looking at what to order for my Empire collection. Im looking at spending about $1500 on the collection so I have a lot of options.

So far I am looking at the Army Limited Edition boxed set which contains Karl Franz on Deathclaw, a couple of Army captains, a celestial Hurricanum, 12 Reiksguard knights, 20 swordsman, 10 handgunners, 10 greatswords and a rocket battery. which is a good starting point for the collection. Im also going to add 20 Archers, 12 Demigryph Knights, 20 Greatswords, 24 Knightly Order knights, 40 militia, 20 state troopers, 1 steam tank, 2 rocket battery's and 30 handgunners/crossbowmen.

It will be a big collection and will take the better part of the year to paint which is good because its a year long project. There are about 250 peices in the collection so with the larger miniatures aside, I will need to paint a unit of 20 soldiers a month.

There are a large range of named characters in the empire range, mainly captains and lords of the various factions. there may be an addition or six to the above collection but a lot of the named characters are finecast resin which I am trying to avoid buying due to the experiences I have had so far with the poor cast quality and imperfections as well as the price increase over plastic.

Im putting in the first stage of the order this week so when it arrives I will post some pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment